There are no regrets in life,
just lessons learned.







Friday, February 12, 2010

Behind these green eyes...


I was just thinking, while waiting for my dinosaur of a laptop to load, about things I've done that I CAN'T BELIEVE I actually did...Things that I never imagined myself doing. Heinous things. And then I glanced across the room to a picture of me all smiles with our CO's wife, Angela...And I just think, "Wow. If only people knew what was behind that smile and those eyes, how would they react? They would most likely think twice before getting to know me." It's absolutely mind boggling how our "skeletons in the closet" can be so well concealed that people sometimes never find out they are there. No one can see how contorted and damaged I am internally. Plaster a smile upon my face and the world will never know what lies behind these green eyes.

"Sow this up with threads of reason and regret so I will not forget...."

"....they pained even the Holy One of all Israel..."

What have I done???

No comments:

Post a Comment