There are no regrets in life,
just lessons learned.







Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you




Ahhh a good, decent day...I'm super content and happy right now. Woke up, laid in bed for prolly an hour than got ready for my first day at Panera Bread. I headed out early, full of anticipation and excitement. Upon arrival, who do I see but Andrew Mundt. This is a kid that hates the ground I walk on from what I remember. lol. (I was the demise of a friendship between him and my ex bf...sorta..its complicated as is everything else in life) He was surprisingly civil. Andrew left shortly after I clocked in so I didn't have to worry too much about him. Basically orientation - paperwork with my manager Felipe along with some online training. Three hours passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time to rush to meeting. I felt like a loser though as I was ill-prepared for the meeting. (Something I'm trying to be better with but its a work in progress. I'm pretty much a work in progress. HAHA) Anywho...meeting was lovely. Rene and I were especially giddy tonight. Sean did such a wonderful job with his Bible highlights on Jepthah's daughter and the friends she choose to keep company with those 2 months on the mountain. Rene also had a part - the talk dealing with Revelation. Good times indeed. lol But she handled it nicely, explained it simply. My favorite point came from the "God's Love" book..It was something to the effect that Satan can't read our minds or hearts. That was so wonderful to hear because I always worried that he could and it would make it so easy for him to see what my weaknesses are..Rather, in order to discern our weaknesses, Satan has to observe our actions closely. How important, then that we are faithful in what is least so we can be faithful also in much. (Luke 16:10 - one of my favs back in the day lol).....raced Kori after meeting. Not sure if he realized it was me...Could've killed himself when he attempted and failed to pass me lol. Target for some necessities where I saw my freshmen History teacher, Mr. McGowan, who I had the biggeeeeesssst crush on lol. And yes he's still hot hahahaha
So I was just thinking about the fact that my lack of self control is something I've always struggled with. My personality is so extreme that finding balance and maintaining self control is such a challenge for me. Case and point: There are certain people I should avoid texting on a daily basis, for my benefit and their's. But in order for me to maintain control, I have to delete their number altogether and wait for them to contact me! How truly sad!!! I'd rather do something extreme like that so then its not an issue, ya know what I mean? There is a scripture in Matthew that comes to mind. Matthew 5:29 If, now, that right eye of yours is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you. For it is more beneficial to you for one of your members to be lost to you than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge·hen´na. 30 Also, if your right hand is making you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you. For it is more beneficial to you for one of your members to be lost than for your whole body to land in Ge·hen´na.....Basically what I said above. I'd rather do something extreme if it means protecting me from my own self hahaha that totally makes more sense in my head. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure that nothing, including myself, will encroach on my precious relationship with Jehovah God. He comes first, forever and for always
Well, I guess that's all for tonight! Service with Jenni and Winthrop in the morning then who knows what I shall be doing afterwards with the crazy snow storm supposedly coming.
Love,
Moi xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations my dear! Might I say you look dashing in that uh...apron. lol. Or whatever it is. Jehovah sure does take care of us doesn't he? I am SO happy for you and proud of the wonderful progress you're making in every way. :-)
    And yes I will most gladly "follow you" on here but I don't have a blog on this server. I have one on a different site and I don't feel like switching over here. So I'll just read it on a regular basis and comment all the time. If that's ok with you. haha

    - Amber

    ReplyDelete