There are no regrets in life,
just lessons learned.







Monday, February 8, 2010

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


Sooooooooooooo..I'm basking in excitement right now! And here's why..So you know how if we want Jehovah to answer our prayers, we should work in harmony with them so that Jehovah will bless our efforts? Well, since my hours at Marshalls got cut, I've been praying for a job to supplement Marshalls..and lets just say I don't feel that I was giving the job hunt my best effort. But today, I made a plan for myself that I would go out and drop resumes off at a few places and hope for the best...
In my pumps and blazer, I strut out of the house on a mission... I need to work hard to get a job! I need to not be so lazy and take the reins and be proactive with my life! I can't expect Jehovah to help me when I'm not even giving him anything to work with.
I hit up a cute coffee shop and some restaurants along with a tanning salon - 7 places total. (This is in addition to the online searching that I've been doing along with a sister's efforts to get me into CVS) Last place on my list? Panera Bread. I asked for an application, filled it out, gave it to the manager upon which he asked if I wanted to interview right then..Elated, I said yes of course! He asked me about my availability and my people skills...after just five minutes of talking back and forth, Felip (the manager) states that "he really likes me. Would I like to start tomorrow?" OMGOODNESS yes of course!!!! I called my uncle while the manager was getting my file together for some additional guidance and input from someone far more mature than me spiritually. Sean said it sounded great but just inquire about hours and pay.. which of course I did..What I'm getting is the answer to my prayers...It seems almost too good to be true! A scripture comes to mind ~ well a few actually haha..
Psalms 37:25 "A young man I used to be, I have also grown old, And yet I have not seen anyone righteous left entirely, Nor his offspring looking for bread."
Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your path straight."
Matthew 6:31-33 "So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’ For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For YOUR heavenly Father knows YOU need all these things. Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. "
When I put Jehovah first and look to him always for everything and anything...my life isn't made easier but with Jehovah, I'm able to handle it. He always gives me what I need and sometimes a little extra too as long as I do it his way..Do it Jehovah's way, and I'll always succeed (I've realized too many times the folly of trying to do things on my own)...I am so very grateful that I made that simple choice some years ago to get to know this loving being, Jehovah God. He proves time and again that with him by my side, I'll never falter nor meet with defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment